uTorrent says tracker is offline - SOLVED

CougerAC

Howdy all,

I am having a slight problem. Most of my seeds show the tracker as offline. I have tried to manually update the tracker and that just knocks that torrent offline immediatly. Under my "User Details" on the site, it shows most of my torrents as stopped in the "History" section, however under the "Active Torrents" section, all of my torrents show me being a seeder. Please help. I am still seeding, but my stats are not being updated.

Any advice and or help would be welcome. This has only started since the site update.

Thanks,
Clif

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 12
what is you connection limit for the torrent program ?

I set mine too high and had the same problem .. the new tracker seems to have a flood control of some sort

by connection limit are you refering to max connections per torrent, max global connections, or max upload speed?

"Connections per torrent" referes to connecting to other peers, not the tracker.  You can set that to whatever you want.

Under normal circumstances, your client will only form one connection with the tracker.  If you close and restart your client, your client will form a "second" connection and the original one will take awhile to time out.

The site permits two such "connections" to the site.  If you repeatedly quit and restart the client within a half-hour or so, then it will return an error saying "too many connections with same PID" or sometihng like that.  This is very different than your client saying the tracker is down - in the case of the too many connections problem, your client is successfully connecting to the client but it is returning an error.

I have seen nothing which suggests the tracker is not forming connections properly.  It's not that I deny your problem exists, but right now I'll have to just keep watching 'cause I need to see some symptoms before I can figure out how to fix it!

Bit comet cant download it shows me this message on the tracker: "tracker connection error: 500 unexpected http status code"

Your error occured exactly as I was installing software upgrades and accidentally overwrote a key settings storage file.  So, the causes was probably due to this.  If you continue to see similar errors, please post again.

I think I have found the problem. I had patched tcpip.sys to allow more halfopen connections. Windoze had an update that overwrote it. So repatching fixed most of the problems.

Once that was fixed, I also had 20 torrents that showed me as a seeder, but it showed stop in my "History". I checked the id of the torrents and all looked good. So I deleted the .torrent file, re-added it to my client, forced check, and all seems well.

To dolbyman and Sirlamer, thanks for your patience and guidance.
The site looks good, and keep up the good work everyone.

Clif

Back