MouseBits
March 22, 2019, 12:21:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with accessing downloads  (Read 332 times)
applesarecool

« on: January 17, 2019, 05:30:28 pm »

Hello!

I've been able to access the torrent tracker in the past, but for some reason I can only visit the forum right now. When I log in the banner at the top still says "Welcome Guest", although as you can see by this post, I am in posting in my account. Help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
dajatje
Administrator

Admin (also known as dayachu)

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 10:02:34 am »

Hello!

I've been able to access the torrent tracker in the past, but for some reason I can only visit the forum right now. When I log in the banner at the top still says "Welcome Guest", although as you can see by this post, I am in posting in my account. Help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Your account seems ok. Can you try a different browser or a incognito session?
applesarecool

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 11:11:18 am »

Thank you for your reply dajatje!

I did what you suggested and I tried multiple browsers and an incognito session. I also made sure to delete my cookies and try logging in on my mobile phone. Still no luck.

However, I do have some additional information that may help troubleshoot the problem. When I try logging in with my username and password at the main login button at the top of the page it says that my password is incorrect. When I use the same username and password at the forum login it allows me to sign in with limited access to the site, as described in my original reply.

I've tried pressing the recover password button and entering my email, but it says that my email isn't registered in the database. I can change my password in the account settings under "Profile" just fine, but it only seems to affect the forum login.

Let me know what you think or if you need any additional information. I can screen record a video of what I'm doing if that helps.

Thanks again!
applesarecool

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 11:15:01 am »

I just fixed the issue seconds after the last reply. I used an old password on the main login box and it worked. For some reason my forum password is different from my main site password?

dajatje
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 09:54:05 am »

I just fixed the issue seconds after the last reply. I used an old password on the main login box and it worked. For some reason my forum password is different from my main site password?

The torrent site and forum are actually two different products linked together. It is possible that it did not sync properly which leads to two different passwords being active. Changing the password on the main site to the same as the forum might lead to situation where only one password is needed.

By the way, check the email address in your profile, since recovery did not work. Maybe you need to change it to a more recent email address or it might have a typo.
applesarecool

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 01:13:54 pm »

Reset password on the main site and now everything is consilidated to one password. There was indeed a typo in the email address and that has now been fixed. Thank you for again for all the help!
farfyguantanamo

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 08:26:37 pm »

How and where do we access torrents?
dajatje
Administrator

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 02:29:50 pm »

How and where do we access torrents?

There are multiple threads in the forum about how to use the torrents. You just don't see them since your userid state is not synced properly. Fixed that for you and now you should see a lot more.
farfyguantanamo

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 09:52:45 pm »

thanks, friend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: